Aug 12, 2011

Traveling Thoughts

It's 8:42am as I start to type this post.... I didn't sleep much last night as I am excited to be heading to Omak to spend time with a friend of mine. I've never ridden my trike anywhere near this far before, so this will be a new adventure. From where I live it is about 2 1/2 - 3 hours to the Canada/US border, then likely that much again to Omak. I've driven down there before but don't remember how long it took me to get there, and that was in my truck which is a lot different than riding a trike. Now all that I have on the road is the trike and it is so much easier on gas than the truck, so I'm off and riding. I will stop from time to time and take a break. I think I can ride non-stop for about 2 hours. By that time I will need to stop for gas in the trike and will take advantage of that to rest a bit. Before I go I am putting some padding on my hand grips to hopefully help my hands to not hurt so much. They've been very stiff and sore lately and my doctor suggested I try bigger hand grips, also suggested that vibration could be part of the problem. So for now I am putting water pipe insulation foam things on the existing hand grips to see if that helps and if it does I can buy new grips. This stuff should also help absorb vibration. Guess I'll see if it helps or not. Wish me luck, lol.

No comments: