Apr 27, 2011

Cholesterol

I don't like taking medications for things unless absolutely necessary, and even then only for a short time. Unfortunately, I've been taking a mild dose of anti-depressant drugs for some years now and I would really like to get off of them.  I believe that I may not be here now if I hadn't taken them, and yet I don't want to take them for the rest of my life. I now am faced with having high cholesterol and my doctor really wanting me to go on statin drugs to lower it.  If I go on them I will likely never get off of them and this really bothers me.  It has been 2 years or more that the doctor has been pressuring me to go on them and me refusing and wanting to get it down with diet and exercise but the numbers have gone up instead of down.  I know I'm not doing enough with the diet & exercise thing and I must do more.  As much as I don't like taking any kind of meds, I must admit that I am wondering about some kind of diet supplements because I know that getting my weight down would probably make at least some difference. The most important thing for me to do is get off my computer, get off my butt and get moving!!! Walk, swim, ride my exercise bike... any of these would be a really good thing, I just don't seem to be able to motivate myself right now.

No comments: