May 28, 2010
Some of the many things cats enjoy:
- a human to be our slave, feeding us and tending to all our needs as we desire
- canned cat food
- to be petted when and how we want to
- to be left alone when we choose
- the odd mouse to chase and terrorize
- a clean litter box
- to snuggle and cuddle and sleep with our human slave
Some of the things we really do NOT need or want:
- a dog chasing us
- humans expecting us to be like dogs
- birds that chase us (hey, it's happened to me right here in this house, don't laugh, it's not funny!! We are supposed to chase the birds. These ones that live in this house too can be really nasty and scary).
- a stranger taking up my spot on the human slave's bed.
- the dog stopping us from getting to the human slave's bed.
- a human to love them and serve them
- raw meet fur a tasty dinner
- doggy cookies fur regular treats
- a cat to chase
- long walks woof their human
- other dogs to play woof
- a truck to ride in
Some things dogs don't need:
- fingernail polish
- make up
- face creams
- eye cream
- hair spray
May 18, 2010
Whoof!! I went to Hawaii to visit my friend Thom and found this game on his blog. I tagged myself and played along, even visited other blogs to make sure I was caught up woof everyone. Bark!!
Have you ever played the word association game? In that game, someone will say a word, then the next person says the first word they think of. Each person who follows simply says what ever word comes to mind, based on the previous word.
Person 1: red
Person 2: bull
Person 3: pasture
Person 4: grass
For the meme, it would look more like this:
As you can see, Alice Audrey has taken this to another level and adjusted it for blogging. Here are the rules:
1. Anyone can play, whether they have been tagged or not.
2. Include the rules and logo in your post.
3. Copy out all the responses that were made before you.
4. Link to each of the people who responded before you.
5. Put in your response. Your response can be as little as a single word or as much as 100 words. It can be a word, a phrase, an image, a song, a video, a story, or a short rant.
6. Tag anyone you would like to challenge to play this game. You do not have to tag anyone.
7. You can do this any time you run across it, even if you were one of the previous responders.
If you have done this meme on your blog, you are welcome to put your link on Alice Audrey 's blog, on the 'home' of this meme. Be sure to link to the specific post, and welcome to the Association Association.
Want to simply jump in? You are welcome to start with the word “Excitement”, or to take off from any of the responses you find among the players listed below.
1. Excitement (Alice Audrey)
2. Thrill (Hootin’ Anni)
3. Suspense (Hazel)
6. Intentions (Thom)
7. Plans (Quilly)
8. Of mice and men (mine)
May 15, 2010
Today Mom got a real good sunburn on her upper back cuz she was in the sun too long and furgot to put on a shirt or sunscreen. She was busy and just didn't think about it. I've seen her do that before and get a really really bad sunburn on her back and arms. this time Tuggy saw she was getting red and told her she should put on a shirt or something. She still is very red and kinda sore, though no where near as bad as that day last year. If she keeps getting burned like this she better find real good wrinkle creams, cuz sun dries out skin and dry skin wrinkles more than moist skin. Sun burn dries out skin real fast.
- Dan said he'd come help Mom take the canopy off and put the rack onto our truck. He didn't show, or phone, or answer his phone when Mom called him. He hasn't called since then either. Mom is not happy woof him. They was also sposed to go get some free bathtubs fur Mom to use to make raised bed gardens fur her vegetables to live in. The lady woof the tubs was real nice about it and has made some other arrangements to get these tubs to Mom.
- TOPS must be the best best weight loss pill, cuz I hear Mom say she goes to TOPS to loose weight and she's been getting slimmer.
- Mom has been going to ride her trike the last while. She said it is soon going to be on the road, it's so close to being finished getting built. she is having fun learning to ride it.
Now that I'm almost all healed up I sure hope Mom can take me to the dog park again soon, though she says my foot has to be totally healed before I can go there. she doesn't want to chance me getting infections.
May 1, 2010
Do you know what a challenge it is fur a dog to type? Especially on a little laptop computer? Especially a big dog like me woof big paws?? It's not easy, let me tell you, and having no opposible thumbs doesn't help either. Now, I'm missing a toe!!! I am having to learn to type all over again. I think maybe I need to hold a bone in my mouth and use it to hit the letters my missing toe used to hit. What do you think of that??
Do you know what "modern bedroom furniture" is fur a dog?? It's the same as the old bedroom furniture so far as I can see. A nice piece of foam and some old blankets laying on the floor at the foot of Mom's bed. Yup, a good place fur me to get some sleep now.
Oh ya, my foot is starting to heal up a bit and I'm feeling better... getting my bounce back. Mom said she kinda liked it when I wasn't so hyper, but she's real happy to see me getting it back cuz it shows I'm feeling better again. She was kinda worried about me fur awhile. I think she loves me, arf arf arf!!