Jun 21, 2007

Wheat-free Salmon Treats a.k.a. Dog Cookies

I found this recipe on the internet. It sure looks and sounds good to me. I'm hoping Mom will see it here and decide to bake a batch or two for me. Would any dog not be delighted with homemade treats? Nope.

Wheat-free Salmon Treats

Put these ingredients into a food processor, mix VERY WELL. Pour potato flour through the opening while the motor is running. I can't tell you exactly how much, but I would guess about 2-3 cups. When the dough forms, like a pie crust, and rolls into a ball it is ready to take out.

Dump this mess onto potato floured counter or board. Knead more flour into this and when it is a rolled out cookie consistency, it is ready to roll out into about 14 inch thick (I think she means 1/4 inch, don't you?). I use a pizza cutter to roll our long strips and then cut crosswise to make small squares . If you want FANCY you may use a cookie cutter. Bake on cookie sheets, sprayed Pam or line the sheet with parchment paper. I put in as many as will fit. Usually two whole cookie sheets suffices. I bake this in a 375ยบ oven for 20 min. Turn and rotate the cookie sheets and bake about 10 more minutes. You can make them as soft or as hard as you want. From Ruthie on the B.A.R.F. list.

No comments: