Dec 8, 2009

Dog Days of Winter when Winter hasn't even gotten here yet.

Today it was real cold in our house... you know, the big one where Mom & all the other critters live too, not my house out in the yard. Mom got her neck fixed at the chiropractor yesterday so she couldn't bring in more pellets to feed the stove and wanted what was in there to last the night, so she turned down the auger speed on it. This morning our friend Dan came over & put more pellets in just in time cuz it was burning up the last ones it had, and he brought in 2 more bags fur Mom to use later so she won't have to carry them in fur awhile. So Mom turned up the auger speed but not soon enough cuz not long after that the furnace came on too. We've never seen it before when the stove was running & the furnace came on anyway. Wow... Bow Wow even. The furnace is set to come on at about 60F.

Sometimes when I have spent the day outside & I come in, Mom says I smell like a sheep. That's cuz Mom took a whole bag of sheep fleece (2 unwashed fleeces) and put them into my house, so when I am in there I snuggle down into it to be warm & comfy. She had these bags of fleece for spinning and some moths got into some of them, so out they all went. Woof it being this cold, I think anything like moths or moth eggs will be frozen and hopefully killed dead. She used to process these fleeces and use the wool fur spinning into yarn. She says she'll spin again one day soon, just hasn't had time fur it lately.

I've been hearing stuff on the TV about Black Friday. I don't know what that means to humans, sounds kinda special, but doesn't make sense to me. I'm black every day!! Well, at least I'm black woof brown markings every day.

And now I'm going back to bed. I just feel like being a lazy dog today. Arf, arf, arf.

No comments: