Nov 22, 2012

Wireless World

Some time ago I bought a Lexmark printer for my computer. It was an All-In-One printer, copier, scanner and for being an inexpensive printer I found it worked very well. In fact, it still works just fine.  In the past, I have found that when I put in a new ink cartridge in a printer it often does not work due to the ink jets drying out and consequently plugging up.  This doesn't usually do this with the black ink, but does with the color ink.  This, I figure, is due to the fact that I don't use my printer often enough and when I do use it, it is usually black ink rather than colors that get used.  This leaves the ink sitting for too long at a time, so they dry up.  With Christmas coming up, I thought I might like to do up some nice letters to friends and mail them out. I feel these look so much nicer if the text is in black and it has some graphics/clipart in colors, rather than having just a plane black on white letter.  Hey, it's a Christmas letter, it should be bright a jolly!! haha.  I didn't think anyone I know would like to trade printers with me, my old one for their newer, working better one, and I saw a cordless printer in the WalMart sale flyer, so I ended up going and buying one of those for myself. This was a few weeks ago and still I have not even opened the box.  I guess this is what they call an impulse buy, something I really didn't need, it just seemed like a good idea at the time.  Oh well, one of these days I will open the box, take out the printer, and figure out how to use it. It will be nice to be able to print something without having to take my laptop over to the desk and plug it in to the printer, I will be able to just sit here in my chair with my beautiful cat curled up beside me, and send the job to the printer wirelessly.  Or at least that is the way I think it's supposed to work.


No comments: