Dec 14, 2012

Yard Dreams

I really want and need to clean up my yard and to make it look a lot better than it does now.  "Grossly Overgrown" is not the look I had originally been going for in my yard, yet it is in fact what I have achieved. Many fruit trees have grown where I didn't plant them, as have wild roses, and many/most/all need to be removed, the grass mowed and flowers &/or vegetables planted.  I admit I do really like the wild roses when they are in bloom and they do provide privacy by blocking the view of my property from the highway and from near by neighbors, but there are too many so they at least have to be thinned out.  I would love to put up some fencing for the look as well as I would love to have some animal that would eat the grass and such so I would not have to try to keep it all mowed.  I have often thought it would be great to have aluminum garden gates into the one area of my yard where I have raised bed gardens and my patio table and chairs.  It would be so nice to have all that area fenced as well, especially if company came since one place has a 6' drop I would not like to see anyone fall over.  Yes, there are many things I would like to do to my yard.... and they will all have to wait for now.... we got a fairly heavy snow fall last night so yard work is now best left until spring.

No comments: