Oct 22, 2012

Basic Raw Vegan Mayonnaise

If you read this blog you know I eat in the Vegan way.... no animal products, not even milk, cheese, eggs, fish.  I eat vegetables and fruits, nuts, seeds, grains (except wheat).  Here is a recipe I recently read and decided to post it here not only to share it with you, but also to make sure I can find it again if and when I decide to make some of this to use in some kind of salad or whatever that calls for mayonnaise.  Unfortunately, I only have a regular and rather old blender, so am not sure it would work for making this... see note at bottom.  I got this recipe from Healthy Blender Recipes.


Basic Raw Vegan Mayonnaise

  • 1 cup organic raw cashews soaked for 2 hours (soaking is optional)
  • 1/4 cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cup raw cauliflower
  • 1/2 cup filtered water
  • 3 Tbsp lemon juice or more to taste
  • 1 tsp mustard
  • 1 tsp raw agave nectar or 1 chopped pitted date
  • 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • Tiny 1/2 pinch of Celtic sea salt or more to taste
  1. Put the cashews and cauliflower in your high speed blender (I use a Vitamix) and add the water until combined well.
  2. Slowly add the oil in one steady stream, and process until thick and creamy.
  3. Place the rest of the ingredients into the blender to taste, and process until smooth.
  4. Add in some more salt, mustard or lemon juice to taste until you create your perfect blend.
**Please note – you will need a high speed blender such as a Vitamix, in order to achieve a really creamy consistency.

No comments: