Jul 16, 2010

Naturally

It is important for the health to get some sunshine as that is where your body gets Vitamin D. Sunshine can brighten your life not only physically but also mentally. As an added bonus, sunshine is a natural acne treatment. I prefer to do things naturally whenever possible and the older I get the more I understand the importance of doing it this way rather than going to doctors for drugs.

I like to drink a lot of tea and much of it has health properties of some sort. One of my favorite teas is Rooibos, especially the Georgia Peach Rooibos. Rooibos, or African Redbush, tea is high in antioxidants and other good-for-you stuff... all naturally.

I have always tried to keep the thistles from growing in my yard and last year thought I had them almost eradicated. This year I have a whole big crop of the things. I have been thinking I should go dig them out or chop them down or something to get rid of them... and then a light came on. Thistle Tea!!! So I have done some research on it and yes it has some good health benefits!! What do you do when Life gives you lemons?? You make lemonade, of course... and when Life gives you an abundant crop of thistles, you make thistle tea. I plan to do more research on this yet and am thinking it might be a great idea to bag up a bunch of thistle tea and go to Farmer's Market to sell it.



The above has been: Human Input by Reba's Mom 'Bean


.

No comments: