Jul 15, 2010

Still Here...



Whoof!! Thanks fur coming by to visit this old dog. I have not been feeling so well later and I think I have something that even vitamins won't help. I have a big huge lump on my left shoulder. It doesn't hurt but it feels 'weird' on there. I know that the 'life expectancy' of rottweilers in 8-12 years. I was born December 14, 1998 so that makes me just over 11 1/2 years old. Yup, I'm on the far end of my life expectancy and I've had a good, full life. Mom and some of our friends always thought I would outlive the expectancy, that I had a few years left here yet. I think that would have been right if it wasn't fur cancer. That has cut my life short.

Mom has been working to make a 'furever bed' fur my body to rest in fur eternity after my spirit leaves it and 'goes home'. I've watched her doing some of it and have gone and checked it out. So far it looks good, and it looks like a lot of work. You see, cuz of pain and such, Mom has let this place get real overgrown and so there are lots of weeds and thistles and burdocks and wild roses and spreading juniper that have to be cleared away. Mom now has enough cleared to be able to dig in the dirt to make my body's furever bed. Now she has to do lots of digging in hard ground. Dan said he'd come help Mom but hasn't done that yet and Mom wants to get it done.... just in case my time to leave comes soon. It gets real hot in the afternoon so she likes to do the work in the morning. Today she had to go to her TOPS meeting, then to visit Nan (her Mom). Tomorrow she has a Dr. appointment in the morning so can't work out there fur very long. She's going to be gone all day Saturday too. She better get this done real soon!!! I'm starting to hear God & the Angels calling me home and will have to go to them soon.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reba you have lived a great life. I for one am thankful that I got to know you :)

Jans Funny Farm said...

Oh, no! We haven't been able to visit as much as we used to and this is a shock. We didn't know you have cancer and are preparing to leave, possibly soon. How sad for you and your mom. Purrs and tail wags.