Feb 17, 2011

A Great Day

Today was a great day once again which is a real relief as I've been having some really bad days lately. I've had a non-stop headache for something like 2 weeks, as well as a stiff, sore neck, so it's been a bummer. Today, however, is the second day in a row that I haven't had a headache. I got up this morning and went to my TOPS group where we weigh in before the meeting. I am down 2 pounds since last week so this is a good thing. Last week I was down 1 pound. My goal is to drop 4 pounds per month, so that pretty much works out to a pound each week on average. It was a good meeting with lots accomplished, though I think that as Leader I maybe could have kept it a bit more organized and on track.

After the meeting, as always we as a group went out for lunch and then Pat, Pauline & I went to our favorite Secondhand Store. I always enjoy looking at all the various things people have donated: fabric, upholstery fabric, sewing notions, knitting needles, yarns, books, dishes, bedding, clothes and so much more. I pretty much always find lots of things to buy and haul home to my already over crowded home. I am going to have to stop it. Actually, for awhile I did stop going there, but it's just such a nice thing to do with my friends. I guess I have to start leaving my purse in the truck so I have no money on me when I'm there. Many of the things I buy really are useful to me though, and it's all very reasonably priced. Last week I bought a beautiful sweater for $1 and have already gotten lots of wear out of it... it's one of my favorites, looks real good on me.

After shopping we went to DQ for desert. I had a tea & a Buster Bar. I came home for a bit, maybe 1 1/2 hours to do some stuff here, then off to see the Dr. that had the results to the x-rays done on my neck yesterday. It shows a lot of disc deterioration, unfortunately, though I'm not surprised. My chiropractor had wanted me to get the x-rays done to see as this is what he thought was happening and he wants to be sure he's doing safe & proper treatment on me. I asked the Dr. if the neck problem would be the cause of the headaches I've been having lately. He said no. I told him that I'd been having a lot of them since I was in a motorcycle crash & he asked when that was so I told him September. He asked if I had been unconscious to which I said I had. He said the headaches are Post Concussion Syndrome. I've never heard of this before and I've had concussions before but don't remember if I had headaches afterward. Definitely not as bad as they've been this time, for sure. It was good to know though that it actually has a name, a reason for the headaches, and that they will pass. Maybe this is why I've been so tired lately too. I didn't think to ask the Dr. if this would have a bearing.

Next I went to my usual Thursday evening Wand Group, where we all use Amega Wands to wand each other. I always feel so much better after a good wanding, just incredible. So now I'm feeling better than I have in weeks and I've been doing a happy dance. It's awesome!!!

No comments: