Aug 27, 2012

I will Miss Dan

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
Albert Camus 


I will miss my long time friend, Dan. We met about 12 or more years ago and became good friends.  We agreed that we would never try to be any more than good friends because that would not work for us, but we have grown to love each other a lot.... just a close friends love. Over the years, Dan has helped me in many ways.  He is a professional dry wall installer with knowledge in many other areas. Some of the things Dan has helped me with:
- I bought a pellet burning stove which he helped me to install.
- he cut a doorway into the wall between the room the pellet stove is in and my bedroom so the warm air can come through.
- I bought laminate flooring and he installed it for me... living room, kitchen, hallway, bedroom and loom room.
- I brought home some old bathtubs to use as raised bed gardens and Dan helped me to set them up.
- Dan has helped me with other yard work too, has helped me to take trailer loads to the garbage dump.
- Since he has lots of knowledge of computers and loves working on them, he has been my pc mechanic.
- When I have wanted to rearrange my home he has helped me to move heavy furniture.
- Dan has set up my Audio/Video system.
- There are many other things to tha Dan has helped me with over the years.

Dan and I have not always seen eye-to-eye on everything and we have had some bad arguments,  but we have always gotten past all that in the end and stayed friends.  We will still remain friends and will talk regularly over the internet and I am happy and grateful for that..... though it won't be the same as actually seeing him, going for drives with him, and he won't be around to help me with all these things I can't do by myself.  This last scares me.  13 years ago I was used to doing things myself, now I have become used to having help.  13 years ago I had physical problems, especially Fibromyalgia, now I still have that and more (deteriorated discs, arthritis, diabetes to name a few). I will very much miss my friend Dan... and I will miss having someone to help with all those things I need help with.

A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.
Elbert Hubbard
 

No comments: