Check out this recipe. I think it looks extra yummy.... and is healthy too!!! The one draw back? Check out the calories in the Nutritional Information!!
5 Ingredient Chewy Chocolate Coconut Cookies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: bake dessert snack dairy-free gluten-free grain-free paleo nut-free refined sugar-free soy-free vegan vegetarian coconut chocolate cookie
Fudge filled coconut cookies with just 5 simple, easy to find ingredients.
Ingredients (8 cookies)
- 2 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unpasteurized honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking mat.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Grab about 1/4 cup of mixture with hands and press together, flattening out like the mud pies you may have made as a kid with the mud in your backyard (I swear these cookies will taste better!)
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden. Mine were perfect at 15 minutes.
- Egg free: replace 2 eggs with 2 flax eggs – 2 tbsp finely ground flax seed mixed with 6 tbsp water. Cook for the same amount of time just be careful when removing from the pan as they’re a bit more fragile.
- Vegan: use egg-free option above and use date syrup or rice syrup instead of honey.