Feb 13, 2012

Vegan Recipe

Carrot Rice Casserole
2 C rice, cooked
2 C carrots, finely grated
1/2 C bread crumbs
1/2 C onions, chopped
1/3 C peanut butter
2 C water
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp thyme

Dissolve peanut butter into water. Mix all ingredients together. Bake in an oiled 2 quart casserole dish, covered, at 350 for 45 minutes.

This is a recipe from my favorite Vegan Cookbook (Of These Ye May Freely Eat). I cooked the rice (brown Bazmati); grated the carrots and put them in water in the fridge; toasted some bread and made my bread crumbs in the blender; dissolved the peanut butter in half the water the night before. The rest was done in the morning. I went to a pot luck lunch, took the casserole there and put it in the oven so it was fresh baked and hot for lunch. Everyone liked it a lot and most went back for seconds. There are no leftovers of this one. I will be making this again soon.

No comments: