Jun 3, 2012

Trike Make-over

Here are some photos of the Trike Make-over.


This is the front of one of the fenders.  I bought the fenders and Phil, a very good friend of mine, built the brackets to attach them to the trike box.  This box needs to be replaced, but for now it is what it is.  Phil straightened it up as much as possible and make it strong enough to last another year. 


 Here Phil is drilling a hole to bolt the bracket to the box frame, and holes to attach the bracket to the fender.


 This is Phil cutting another piece of aluminum to make a bracket for the back of the fenders.


And this is the bracket he made and how it attaches to the fender and box frame.


We  used acorn nuts to attach the brackets, front and back, but for the fun of it Phil put a 'spiky nut' on, just to see what it would look like.  I love it and wish I could afford to buy a bunch of them and do it all in 'spiky nuts', but the acorns will do for now.



I am so very grateful to have Phil as a good friend, and I am grateful that he did all this incredible work for me.  He really made my trike look beautiful!!  More to come in future posts.

No comments: