Oct 1, 2007

Digital Photography & Scrapbooking

Earning Dog Cookies
Important words from my hooman Mom:

I totally love digital photography. I always loved photography, and had a really good SLR camera, but once I didn't have a good paying job I found it expensive to buy film and pay for developing, so took fewer and fewer photos. With my digital camera I can take hundreds of photos, then store them on my computer where I can enjoy them at any time, and much larger than a 4x6 photo. If/when I want to, I can get any of them printed at a reasonably low cost. My photography skills have definitely improved a lot since I got my digital camera and am free to experiment with different techniques.

I currently have a Kodak Easy Share DX6490. It's 4.0 mp with a 10x optical zoom. A friend just got a newer version of this camera with a much higher mp and a 12x optical zoom. I'm green, haha. I want one just like it... or better :o) The zoom is a very important feature to me as I so love taking photos of things far away.


With the zoom, this

becomes this


Wide angle (without zooming)

Zoomed in shows me what 'that' is way over there


This could never have been taken without my zoom lens.


With hundreds of photos on my computer, maybe I should start to think about scrapbook page ideas. What do you think?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture of nature. Very good. Have fun.