Nov 6, 2008

Panting Fur Peace

ImageChef Sketchpad - ImageChef.com

All day today I have been thinking about Peace, and about BlogBlast fur Peace, and of course, about NoBloPoMo, and I must be truthful and tell you that mostly I've been thinking about doggy cookies. Arf. Being a dog, I depend on my Mom 'Bean to do the typing fur me cuz my big Rottweiler paws just don't work well on this little laptop keyboard. If I did my own typing, it would look something like this: afjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjctn9woruuuuuuuuuu uuuuuaewldsxcvk:ldsc fljdskfe wy [ and then none of us could read it, so I get Mom to do it. My Mom 'Bean is a very busy woman and so it sometimes takes a bit longer than either of us want it to fur her to get to doing my typing, but she does do it exactly how I aske her to, so it's all good.

Today is a day when people all over the world are blogging fur Peace. Mom & I decided to blog fur peace every day this month. Who knows, we might even blog fur peace longer than that.

I am a very peaceful dog. Well, now, fur full discloser, I gotta tell you that I am very hyper fur my age and breed, I'm almost always running around and sometimes jumping up and such, but that's just being hyper, not being unpeaceful. Lots of people at my favorite dog park comment on me and guess me to be about 2 years old or so, and I'll be 10 years old December 14. I just feel good and love to run and play.

At my dog park, most of the dogs I've met are friendly and peaceful, just liking to run and play together. That's so cool cuz that's what I want fur my life. I am proud to say I have never started a fight. There are a couple times other dogs tried to start fights woof me, and I had to protect myself, but even then I didn't do anything more than I had to. I didn't really fight back, just got away from them without tucking tail and running. Well, I couldn't do that even if I wanted to cuz I don't got a tail to tuck, it was cut off real short when I was only a couple days old, before I was adopted by my Mom 'Bean. Anyway, I am a peaceful dog.

I find that most of the dogs at the dog park are very friendly and peaceful. They don't say "Hey, yur a Rottweiler. YUCK!" or "hey, yur only a little ShitSue, go away" or anything like that. No one says "we hate you cuz yur black... or white... or blue" (yup, some dogs r blue, like the Blue Healer and others). We are all friendly and peaceful no matter what color or what breed each one is. Why do hoomans get so caught up in each others color or what country they or their ancesters come from? That is just DUMB, in my doggy opinion.

I live woof a hooman, a cat, a budgie bird, a parrot, a rat, a rabbit, and 5 chinchillas. The cat is new to our home and she is scared of me so she spits and growls if I come into the room, then runs away. This is the only unpeacefulness we have in the house, and I know that woof time this might get better. So, in this house, not only are color and breed not important, but species is overlooked too. We all live together in very near to total peace. Oh, Mom gets a little 'unpeaceful' when I steel stuff like her precious mixed nuts or a big bag of rat food, or when I get into the garbage and string it around the house as I eat what little bits I might find tasty... but even then we love each other and I just get put outside where I can't be bad.

I hope people can find a way to have peace all over the world, and that they can learn to not care about what color they each are, or where their parents or great grand parents or whoever like that were born. If they story in the Bible is right, then everyone is related cuz everyone came from Adam & Eve!! And whether that story is right or not, we are all created by God... we are ALL GOD's Children!! God loves us when we are black, or white, or yellow, or red and any other color cuz God Made EVERYTHING and EVERYONE!

Live in Peace.

Love from Reba Jane Rottenweiler



7 comments:

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

sending PEACE from my blog to yours. . .

Anonymous said...

Reba Jane, if I were there I'd give you a good scratch behind the ears! Great post.

Michelle said...

After so many nice cat blogs finally - a dog blog! Yaay! :-D Very true words about how dogs aren't bigots. Humans may be smart, but a lot of the time we're not as wise as animals.

Best peace wishes (and a belly scratch) to you, Reba. :-)

Julia Phillips Smith said...

'Oh, Mom gets a little 'unpeaceful' when I steel stuff like a big bag of rat food' - LOL!!

Happy Blogblast For Peace Day, Reba. Waggy-tail-waggy-tail from my mixed breed Nova Scotia Duck Toller & Beagle, Xena.

~*~Patty S said...

Sending *Peace*Love*Light* to All!!!

Mimi Lenox said...

This cracked me up, "I must be truthful and tell you that mostly I've been thinking about doggy cookies"...ha ha! If there's any doggie in the world who is capable of waging world peace, it's you.

Peace to you and yours,
Mimi

storyteller said...

Molly sez she’s panting fur peace too … wagging her tail furiously while thinking of doggie cookies herself!
Hugs and blessings,