Oct 14, 2010

Christmas is Coming!

This is scary, but in just over 2 months it will be Christmas!!  I usually make all the gifts I give, though not sure I will be able to do that this year with a broken wrist.  I am also not sure I won't be able to, lol.  In the 5 weeks since it was broken it has done a lot of healing.  It has a very long ways to go yet to make the wrist & hand fully useful again, but the surgeon said I would have the cast on for 6-8 weeks & then, after doing x-rays he took the cast off after just 3 1/2 weeks. In the week since then, it has come along very well.  I still can't move it a lot, but waaayy more than I could a week ago.  In a couple months it could be working quite well.  I want to make my Mom a pair of earrings, maybe a pair for each of my sisters too.  I need to get some jewelry making supplies if I want to try making things like this.  Last year I put some of my poetry onto some of my photos with Photoshop, and had them blown up then matted them.  They made very good gifts, and I would like to do the same this year, but don't like to do the same thing two years in a row... just not "unique" enough.  Hmmmm.... guess this all needs lots of thought.

No comments: