Nov 15, 2010

AD/HD??

I've been reading a very interesting book the last few days... Women with Attention Deficit Disorder by Sari Solden.  My Toastmaster/TOPS friend Pat found this book at a garage sale and bought it for me.  I have been wondering lately if I am one of the undiagnosed women with this disorder.  Many things I've read in the book sound like me, though many things don't, so I am still not sure.  I am thinking I maybe should talk to my doctor and have him send me to someone who could answer this question. Sometimes I'm focused on things, though more often than not I can be thinking about something and soon find myself thinking about something else instead, for example thinking about managed hosting one minute, then my parrot the next, then plants. Sometimes this is not a big deal though often it can create problems as it is very time consuming and tiring and at times I need to stay focused though don't always find it possible to do.  My home is such a terrible mess, as is my yard, and I don't seem to be able to clean things up, or to remember how to cook meals.  This kind of thing is talked about in the book.... maybe I'm not such a hoarder after all, but just a woman with AD/HD... hmmm.  One part of being diagnosed, of managing the disorder, is taking meds and I really don't like taking meds so must make some difficult decisions.

No comments: