Nov 8, 2007

Nan & Papa

Mom has told me many stories about Nan & Papa.. her Mom & Dad. I like Nan, she's such a tiny little lady, and I weigh more than she does. She's so cute. It's too bad she's a bit scared of me, cuz I'd never hurt her. Mom says it's cuz I gets so excited and could bump Nan and knock her down and break her without meaning to.

Papa sounds like a great guy. He liked dogs and was a farmer much of his life. He was a very strong guy, as was his grandpa, the 'Old English Bobby' who could pick up a 100 pound sack of something in his teeth. He led an incredible life by the sound of things, and he was always Mom's hero.

Unfortunately, Papa had lots of 'health issues' and when he was in his 80s and his life was catching up on him, he had to use incontinence products, like many people do now days. Papa left this earth before I came into Mom's life, when I was about 4 weeks old and still with my birth family, Poppa was 83 and his body just quit working one winter night. Mom still misses him and will always love him.

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

That's so sad, I'm sorry to hear that. But it's good to know your mom still loves him.

Saprky