May 6, 2008

Heads or Tails & Alphabet Photo Challenge "F"


Awhile back, Skittles started her own meme/challenge that she calls Heads or Tails. This is a great game and this week's theme/prompt is:

This week's theme/prompt is:
HEADS - Mother


Alphabet Photo Challenge
originated at
Quilly's Pacific Paradise, and runs for the first 26 days of May. Each day you post photos that you took, that have to do with that days letter. Are you interested in viewing my earlier letters?

My mother was a very pretty Rottweiler, much like me, and when I was only about 7 weeks old, I was adopted by my Mom. Mom (Alice) wanted to have her new dog pick her, not her pick the dog, but one of my sisters and I both wanted to live our lives woof her, so Mom had to make the choice between us in the end... and she chose Me. Today, I'm going to tell you about some of the other critters that Mom has adopted, but only a few of 'em.


Mom found this chick in the chicken house January 20, 2007 and at first thought it dead. When she picked it up she saw just the tiniest flutter of life, so rushed it in and warmed it up, bringing it back to life. She named her Bismallah. In this pikture, she is one day old, and just has fuzz... no feathers yet.

Mom raised Bismallah in a bird cage in the house. They loved each other a lot, and kinda hung out together around the place a bunch. Then as Bismallah got older, Mom would put her outside to play. Bismallah never went far, just played in the carport, or within a couple feet outside of the carport. See her beautiful feathers!! A day or two after this pikture was taken, Bismallah disappeared. We don't know what happened, but Mom was very sad. There was not a feather to be found.

Mom has budgie birds too. More feathers. These are unfriendly little feather heads. They won't even sit on Mom's fingers, and they bite her if she has to catch them to look after their health. Rather ungrateful if you ask me.


Taz, the cockatiel, is a new feather head in the house. Mom's friend Wendy gave him to Mom a few weeks ago. He's not real friendly, but way better than the budgies. He gets to fly free in the house, and go in and out of his cage as he pleases. Mom got rid of all her chickens last fall cuz they kept disappearing and that bothered her a lot. So now maybe she's trying to make up fur that woof birds in the house. She has a parrot coming to live woof us soon too.

Nope, this is not two feather heads, it's just Taz visiting himself in Mom's big mirror in our living room. Every day he does this a bunch. The mirror is getting dirty and Mom's gonna have to clean it. I think it's Taz's beak prints. Silly boid.

Thanks fur yur visit. Remember to leave me a comment, then go visit all the other people what posted to these two Challenges. The links are at the top of this post.

.

14 comments:

Juliana RW said...

great post

My mother story in here thanks

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a lot of feathers, all colorful and oh, so beautiful birds!!
Fantastic choice for F :)
Mine is posted here!

Inspiration Alley said...

Brilliant take on the theme.

Barb said...

Thanks for playing again! We love our cockatiel. :)

storyteller said...

Molly and I always enjoy our visits to your ‘run’ … and the ‘menagerie’ in today’s post has her tail wagging furiously! I’ve shared memories of my mom at Small Reflections this morning.
Hugs and blessings,

Misty DawnS said...

I love that your mom is critter-crazy like me! I think your mom and I would definitely get along great (and so would you and I because I'm great at giving belly rubs!)

Raven said...

Reba, your mom sounds like she has lots of love to give. You are one lucky puppy.

Baba said...

Hi Reba, thanks for sharing all of these great birds. I have two parakeets and a Sun Conure...Come visit my beautiful friends...

Karen Coutu said...

Great examples of F for Feathers!! That chick is just too cute!

Minkydo said...

Lovely bird. I especially love the picture of Taz looking in the mirror. Cute!

Melli said...

Well, of course, the fuzzy one is adorable! But I also LOVE that Taz and the parakeet share a cage! I bet they are great company for each other! COOL!

Charlene Amsden said...

Your feathered friends are gorgeous, Reba!

Tina said...

sweet pictures :)

Mo and The Purries said...

I can relate to the chickens suddenly disappearing. Having the one and only chick my girls ever raised suddenly vanishing one day was the last straw for me, frankly.

Glad she has some inside feathers to keep y'all company now!